Acne is one of the most embarrassing skin conditions especially for teens and younger age groups. In the previous article, I have discussed details about the causes, symptoms, and modern treatment of acne. Today we will discuss the most effective and best natural or home treatment for acne.
Vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin B3 or niacin and vitamin A in therapeutic high doses are successfully used to treat acne. Vitamin E is also useful in preventing complications like scarring and also removes old scars.
- Another useful mineral nutrient is zinc which has shown dramatic results in many cases. It can be used in a therapeutic dose of 50 milligrams. After improvement, it should be reduced gradually.
- To open the skin pores and to remove waste matter hot fomentation is very beneficial. After hot fomentation applied, rinse the face with cold water. Exposure of the whole body to the sun and air is also highly useful.
- External use of the healing pack made from cucumber which should be grated, oatmeal cooked in milk, and creamed carrot after cooking is also highly effective.
- Orange peel is also highly beneficial. The orange peel should be pounded well on a piece of stone with water and applied on the affected skin.
- The lemon if applied regularly is also an effective remedy for removing pimple and acne.
- The raw potato juice is also beneficial for removing acne and blemishes or dark spots produced on the skin due to its high content of phosphorus, chlorine, potassium, and sulfur. But potatoes should be used raw for maximum benefit.
- The mixture prepared by adding a pinch of turmeric powder into one teaspoonful of coriander juice is another effective home remedy for pimple and blackheads. Wash your face thoroughly and apply this mixture every night before bedtime.
A hot Epsom salt bath is also highly effective. It is prepared by adding one and a half kilograms of Epsom salt into 50 liters of water with a temperature nearer to 100⁰F. The person should take the bath for 25 to 35 minutes till he freely perspires. The person should cool off gradually after the bath. The bath should be taken twice a week.
Things to avoid:
- Diet care must be taken by avoiding starchy and fatty foods. Meats, strong tea and coffee, sugar, condiments, refined and processed foods, pickles, candies, ice cream and products made with sugar and white flour should be avoided.
- Avoid popping or playing with acne. Also, avoid frequent hard washing of the face. All these may worsen acne conditions.
What to do?
- A balanced diet should be adopted with raw foods especially fresh fruits and vegetables except for citrus fruits, bananas, dried and tinned fruits. Also include sprouted seeds, raw nuts, and whole-grain cereals including millet.
- Warm water enema should be done regularly to clean the bowel and to eradicate constipation.
This is all about the article. Please share it with your friends. Have a nice day.