The second phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive started on 1st March 2021. In this phase, all the people above the age of 60 years and people above the age of 45 living with comorbid disease will be vaccinated.
If you are between the age of 45 to 59 years and have comorbid conditions then you are eligible for the vaccine dose. But you need a medical certificate from your doctor or registered medical practitioner for that comorbid condition.
Here is the complete list of 20 comorbid diseases that need certification for those who want to get covid vaccine.
1. Heart failure with hospital admission in the past one year
2. Post cardiac transplant or Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
3. Moderate or severe valvular heart disease
4. If you have major left ventricular systolic dysfunction that is LVEF <40%
5. Idiopathic PAH or congenital heart disease with severe PAH
6. Coronary artery disease with past coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA), or Myocardial Infarction with or without hypertension or diabetes on treatment
7. Person having angina and hypertension or diabetes on treatment
8. Person diagnosed with stroke on CT scan or MRI of brain and hypertension or diabetes on treatment
9. Person having diabetes for more than 10 years or having complications and hypertension on treatment
10. Recipient or on waitlist for kidney, liver, or hematopoietic stem cell transplant
11. Person living with end-stage Kidney Disease on hemodialysis or Cutaneous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
12. Pulmonary artery hypertension, hypertension, or diabetes on treatment
13. Person on current prolonged use of oral corticosteroids or immunosuppression medicines
14. Decompensated cirrhosis
15. Person having severe respiratory disease that requires hospitalization in the last two years or FEVI less than 50%
16. Person living with Myeloma, Lymphoma, or Leukemia
17. Person diagnosed with any solid cancer on or after 1st July 2020 or currently receiving any cancer treatment
18. Person living with Thalassemia major, Sickle Cell disease, bone marrow disease, aplastic anemia
19. Primary immunodeficiency diseases such as HIV infection
20. Person living with other disabilities such as intellectual disability, muscular dystrophy, disability that needs high support, multiple disabilities like deaf-blindness, acid attack that affected respiratory system
You required a certificate for all the comorbidities mentioned above and need to present with the hard copy of the certificate at the covid vaccination center or may also need to upload during registration on the Co-WIN website.
Read below article if you want to know:
How to register and book an appointment on Co-WIN for the COVID-19 vaccine?